I’m going to show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S3. This tutorial tested and working well on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 and may not work on other model of SGS3, so make sure your phone is GT-i9300 (you can see this on your phone settings). Do it at your own risk.
- Step 1, You need to download ODIN 1.85. here
- Step 2, And then download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0.zip. here
- Step 3, After you extract the CF-Root archive, it will become CF-Root-SGS3-v6.0.tar
- Step 4, Don’t connect your phone to the computer yet, run ODIN
- Step 5, click PDA, then find and select the .tar file you just extract
- Step 6, Put your galaxy s3 into “Download Mode” by turn it off and then turn back on by pressing volume down button + Home + Power simultaneously. After it’s on, plug-in to your PC.
- Step 7, Uncheck the Repartition option, click Start, and let Odin do the rest, once it’s finish your galaxy s3 is rooted.